Home of the new Herschell Gordon Lewis projects

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Forty Years in the Making

First I would like to say happy 77th to Herschell today for it is the "Godfather's" Birthday!!!

I have to admit the thought of bringing to life a movie idea that Herschell had some forty years ago is exciting, especially since I've been a fan since I was a young kid. Bill, Jeff & I all feel very fortunate to be entrusted with such an undertaking and I plan to shoot this movie in much the same style and look as some of Herschell's classics but with my own flavor of course. I think what separates "The Gore Gore Gore-Met" from many of the horror films being made today is that it's a period piece. It will take place in the mid-sixties, which was the heart of the "Exploitation Cinema" era. Our film will be rich with the colors(Blood Red), the sounds(Bad Lounge Music), the fashion styles(Bullet Bras) and the cars(Big Fins). It should take us all back to the "drive-in" in our minds and make us feel like we're seeing an H. G. Lewis movie for the first time again.

Let me just say that not only is Herschell a most humble man, he is also extremely warm and kind. Not what you would expect from someone named the "Godfather of Gore" but he really is an American Treasure. It's as though he is as timeless as the films he's made. Here's to many more movies from Herschell and birthday celebrations.

-Jonathan

No comments: